Vistabeam is looking for a full-time Tower Technician for the Wyo-Braska area. We provide fixed wireless internet to residents and businesses across the region and we are meticulous about taking care of our infrastructure to deliver broadband to our customers.
Vistabeam is committed to safety in all areas of the company. We emphasize working safely at all times and promote a safe and healthy work environment. At Vistabeam we take our training seriously and provide monthly safety training and ongoing technical training for all technicians. On the job training is provided for those with no experience.
We hire smart people who do work they are proud of.
- A base of operations in Mitchell, Nebraska where you will be working from.
- Knowledgeable and experienced crew who have each other’s backs.
- A positive and safe work environment.
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Clean criminal background
- Ability to travel
- Not afraid of heights
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work long hours
- Experience climbing towers, antennas, and grain legs
- Tower safety and rescue certifications
- First Aid certification
- OSHA certification
- RF safety & awareness
- Class B CDL
- Low Voltage electrical license
- Climbing towers to repair, upgrade, troubleshoot or remove wireless infrastructure gear.
- Comfortably and safely climb and repair towers in excess of 200 ft.
- Taking pictures of tower sites, new and existing gear for our documentation.
- Building or maintaining solar sites.
- Install and maintain UPS units at tower sites.
- Install commercial and enterprise point to point connections.
- Install structured cabling.
- Put notes on tower work tickets after work is performed.
- Build enclosures, antennas and mounts as needed.
- Build new towers.
- Continually seek knowledge and study about the fixed wireless industry.
- Configure, troubleshoot and repair routers, radios and power control systems.
- Install “cowboy” (portable) towers.
- Perform commercial site surveys.
- Operate a bucket truck.
- Train for tower rescue situations and keep all certifications current. (Tower safety and rescue, First Aid, OSHA certification, and RF safety)
- Company standard health insurance plan
- Dental and Vision
- Free Vistabeam internet service where available
- Company match IRA plan
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Company provided tools, equipment
- Company vehicle provided
- Paid training and certifications
- Overnight travel with a maximum of 2 nights
- Paid time off
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- We do a full background check