Vistabeam is hiring field technicians for our Yuma, Colorado office! This position is responsible for installation, troubleshooting, repair, programming, and realigning various types of electronic transmission equipment in all kinds of weather and work conditions. (We’re safe, but we’re persistent when it comes to our customer’s internet reliability.) This position may be required to perform a variety of duties. (Honestly, if you like technology, this is great. You get to be out and about installing internet, but you also spend time with cutting edge fixed wireless hardware and software in the office.)
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Vistabeam Field Technician position will be responsible for:
- Installation and maintenance of Internet equipment, including radios/routers/switches and network cabling.
- Responsible for technical troubleshooting and programming Vistabeam’s equipment.
- Responsible for technical troubleshooting and programming of customer’s equipment.
- Tier 2 support for field network technicians.
- When in the office, responsible for performing phone support activities to assist customers with issues.
- Work with supervisor and network team on special projects as the need arises.
- Consistently comply with CPNI (Customer Proprietary Network Information) rules.
- Employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor, other management, or technology engineering personnel as required.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned.
- Promote Vistabeam’s products and services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Company policies, procedures, products and services.
- General office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of AC/DC electronics theory.
- TCP/IP routing and IP subnetting.
- Computer security principles.
- Internet application protocols (pop/imap/smtp, dns, radius)
- Proficient in the use of various types of test equipment.
- Have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Proficient in reading technical documents.
- Proficient in the use of computers and software.
- Proficient with CATx specification cable (running, terminating)
- Ability to safely and securely mount equipment to customers roof/siding.
- Proficient with grounding exterior-mounted equipment.
- Proficiency in use of Ubiquiti and MikroTik platforms desirable.
General Company Requirements
- Work independently and be a team player within the department and the organization.
- Exhibit exceptional organizational skills and be a problem solver.
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, with customers, customers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Work in a fast paced environment and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Help promote a safe working environment by following safety procedures.
- Travel (at times on short notice) is required.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
- Must have completed a course in data communications.
- Must have completed a course in AC/DC electronics or equivalent experience.
- Networking certification such as MikroTik or AirMax preferred.
Physical and other Requirements
This position may require over 8 hours per day, flexible hours and some weekends. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Seeing: Must be able to read and use computer. Must be able to read and interpret test equipment.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and business contacts.||X|
This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.
Frequent exposure to outside elements, noise, and vibration.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management or engineering personnel as required. Vistabeam reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.