Customer Connection Specialist
Vistabeam provides high speed internet for people and businesses in Colorado, Wyoming and Nebraska. As Vistabeam’s Customer Connection Specialist you’ll be the hub uniting our patrons with our technical support and installation experts. We are looking to guarantee that our customers are receiving the internet and support they deserve. To keep the Vistabeam ecosystem humming, the Customer Connection Specialist will trade emails, call, and speak with our patrons and tech experts every day to coordinate: installing internet service, answering questions, offering advice, hunting down bugs, and just generally serving as an advocate for the Vistabeam customer community at-large.
As Vistabeam’s Customer Connection Specialist, on a typical day you might:
• Offer a customer tips for choosing the best internet service plan for their needs and location.
• Take and apply payment information from customers to their accounts.
• Make an appointment with a customer for installation or on-site service of Vistabeam internet.
• Send coworkers information about customer needs and follow-up to be sure those needs were addressed.
• Share insights with the Vistabeam team and brainstorm to come up with new ideas for making Vistabeam internet a positive experience for our customers.
In a nutshell…We really want to find a great coworker to take ownership of advocating for our customers and helping us stay on track.
In return, Vistabeam offers some great benefits, a competitive wage and an un-stuffy environment. We employ and hire folks interested in fostering community, providing outstanding support, and being involved in a great local tech company.
You’ll have regular hours Monday through Friday at our office in Gering: 1225 Sage Street, Gering, Nebraska 69341. We also occasionally participate in community-oriented events where we meet and greet customers.
Is this job for you? It is if:
• You are patient, level-headed, and cool under pressure.
• You communicate clearly and you’re comfortable talking to people.
• You pay attention to detail and stay focused – things don’t fall through the cracks.
• You think on your feet and you like learning new things.
• If a process doesn’t work, you can collaborate with others to create one that does.